Medik8 Crystal Retinal 1 is Medik8's entry-level gentle-strength vitamin A, ideal for those who have really sensitive skin or are looking to incorporate a low strength but highly effective vitamin A serum in their routine.
Benefits of Medik8 Crystal Retinal 1:
- Renews & resurfaces the skin
- Visibly improves the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Works 11 x faster than other types of Retinol
- Suitable for all skin types
- Clears the bacteria responsible for blemishes & breakouts
This groundbreaking cream-serum is formulated with 0.01% Retinaldehyde, a super-charged derivative of vitamin A, which works to promote the skins natural collagen production, rebuild lost collagen and increase cell turnover, promoting a smoother, brighter and healthier complexion.
By requiring only one conversion to retinoic acid, the Crystal Retinal™ works 11 x faster than other forms of retinol, delivering results comparable to clinical-grade vitamin A.
Trials have shown that in as little as four weeks, users have seen a vast improvement in the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles and breakouts and have an overall improved complexion. With the innovative crystal encapsulation system, the Retinaldehyde is slowly time-released, helping to reduce irritation, making this suitable for all skin types, including those who have previously been sensitive to Retinol.
With other key ingredients including Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E, the skin is hydrated at every level, leading to a plumper and smoother complexion and the skin barrier is strengthened, helping to lock in moisture. With a lightweight, silk-like texture that absorbs quickly into the skin, this powerful serum renews and resurfaces the skin, visibly minimises fine lines and wrinkles, reduces blemishes and pigmentation and delivers a healthier, brighter and more even-toned complexion.
Medik8 Crystal Retinal 1 key active ingredients:
- Encapsulated Retinaldehyde –Proven to work up to 11 times faster than retinol, retinaldehyde is a revolutionary new form of vitamin A that targets fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation and uneven skin texture.
- Hyaluronic Acid –With a unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, leaving the complexion feeling both nourished and supple.
- Vitamin E –An oil-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E can quench free radicals on the skin while stabilising retinaldehyde for optimal power.
- Glycerin –As a natural humectant, glycerin trapswater within the skin to leave it hydrated and comfortable.
How to use:
To be introduced to the skin gradually. Use once every three nights for the first two weeks, increasing to every other night for the next two weeks.After this point if the skin is not showing any signs of dryness or sensitivity, increase usage to every night for best results.
On an evening, on dry skin, blend a small amount over the face and neck before following with your regular Medik8 hydrator.
Always use a sunscreen during the day in conjuncture with this product.
Not to be used if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Medik8 Crystal Retinal 1 Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, CETEARYL OLIVATE, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, PPG-12/SMDI COPOLYMER, CYCLODEXTRIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SORBITAN OLIVATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SQUALANE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, RETINAL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA (VANILLA) FRUIT EXTRACT, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE, RUBUS CHAMAEMORUS (CLOUDBERRY) SEED OIL, SODIUM POLYASPARTATE, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, DIPTERYX ODORATA (TONKA) BEAN EXTRACT, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, 3-O-ETHYL ASCORBIC ACID, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALUMINA, LONICERA CAPRIFOLIUM (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT, ISOSTEARIC ACID, LECITHIN, LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, STEARIC ACID, BHT, COUMARIN, CI 14700 (RED 4).